Total cooking time: 45 minutes | Makes: 12 | Medium
- 50g lotus biscoff spread
- 100g lotus biscoff biscuits, chopped into smaller pieces
- 6 biscuits for the topping, halved
- 210g melted dark chocolate (vegan), hot
- 150g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 180g caster sugar
- 100g melted vegan butter, hot
- 250ml almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line a 8” x 6” (20 x 15 cm) or 18 cm square baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the hot melted butter and sugar. Then, whisk in the hot melted chocolate and almond milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the butter and chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the lotus biscoff biscuits.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking tin.
- Heat up the lotus biscoff spread in the microwave or in a small pan over low heat.
- Spoon the lotus spread across the batter and drag a knife through the mixture a few times to create a marbled pattern.
- Place biscuit halves on top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.